Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Filling up my Senses!


It's been baking hot these past few days. So when the skies
opened up I strolled around the front-yard at a leisurely
pace almost hearing my plants breathe a collective sigh of
oxygenated relief! Then thunder rolled! I saw my neighbour,
feet bare, doing the same. We laughed, a kindred spirit kind
of laugh and she said something but the rainwater falling into
my huge plastic container and the sound of thunder drowned
our voices. But it didn't matter. It didn't matter at all!
The rain lasted for only 10 minutes or so.I was in the
middle of cooking lunch but I went back outside to draw in
lungfuls of the heavenly smell of Mother Earth after the rain.
Even after my work was over the faint whiff lingered and wafted
around filling up my senses........

3 comments:

Mother Nature said...

I love the smell of rain. Do you have rain barrels to catch run off from the roof? I don't at the present but I have in the past.

Unknown said...

Yes Donna, I have two and they're both full!
Did manage to take quite a few photos of rain dripping down the leaves too!

Carla said...

Yess Yess Yess! This is exactly how I feel!