Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Gone forever

The computer crashed recently and some
of my earlier garden pictures are gone
forever. Some garden scenes can never
be re-created, I feel. The bigger plants
do not look much different despite the
seasons; it's either the flowers or the
fruit, or simply green leaves...But sea-
sonal flowers bring about that big diff-
rence particularly in my little space.
Usually, I don't grow the same flowers
every year, or maybe not in the same
spot. Which is why the sense of loss
is deeper. Looking at one of the pictures,
I had marvelled at the utter lack of
symmetry. Taken from an angle that included
the steps leading to the house, the tiny
rockery, nasturtiums in a blaze of yellow
and orange, ferns, palm and bougain-
villiea, another yellow patch here---
the picture had an 'untamed' look about
it. Wild beauty that I must create again
this winter!

3 comments:

The Diva said...

I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope you can recreate some of the beauty from before.

I've started saving my photos on a separate flash drive after a conference where the speaker talked about photo storage.

I found you on Blotanical. Welcome. You take lovely photos.~~Dee

Philip Bewley said...

I am so sorry to hear that. That can be devastating.
Regards,
Philip

Rhonda said...

I've had computer crashes like that before and I feel your pain. How terrible for you. Hopefully you will soon have tons of new pictures.